Laine Magazine – Nordic Knit Life Issue Two
* This is a pre-order. The magazine will arrive in Michigan at the end of September and we will ship it as soon as it arrives. *
Laine is a bi-annual, high-quality Nordic knit and lifestyle magazine for people who cherish natural bres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. It includes knit patterns by the leading designers, insightful stories from the world of wool, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes, and strong, visual storytelling.
Laine was set up in 2016 by Jonna Hietala, Sini Ellen and Elina Johanna. This trio packed by years and years of experience with journalism and publishing, graphic design, social media, and wool wanted to create an aesthetic, informative and inspiring magazine for people shar- ing the same interests. Laine, however, is more than a magazine: it inspires to gather and share, to be a part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Various gatherings and events play a big part of our work.
Issue Two includes:
· 124 pages, uncoated, high-quality paper
· 11 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated
· designers: Andrea Mowry, Isabell Kraemer, ANKESTRiCK, Caitlin Hunter, Susanne Sommer, Lesley Anne Robinson, Jessica Gore, Biches & Bûches, Anna Johanna, Renate Yerkes, Jonna Hietala
· instructions on how to make a camera strap by weaving
· a long-format interview with Andrea Mowry
· a Q&A with Felicia Lo
· a story about Tukuwool
· a story about Biches & Bûches
· seasonal recipes
· a travel guide to Helsinki featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop