Laine Magazine – Nordic Knit Life Issue One
Laine is a bi-annual, high-quality Nordic knit and lifestyle magazine for people who cherish natural bres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. It includes knit patterns by the leading designers, insightful stories from the world of wool, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes, and strong, visual storytelling.
Laine was set up in 2016 by Jonna Hietala, Sini Ellen and Elina Johanna. This trio packed by years and years of experience with journalism and publishing, graphic design, social media, and wool wanted to create an aesthetic, informative and inspiring magazine for people shar- ing the same interests. Laine, however, is more than a magazine: it inspires to gather and share, to be a part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Various gatherings and events play a big part of our work.
Issue One includes:
· 116 pages, uncoated, high-quality paper (weight approx. 450 grams)
· 11 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated (designers: Joji Locatelli, Stephen West, Veera Välimäki, Meiju K-P, Susanne Sommer, Suvi Simola, Marianne Isager, Tiina Huhtaniemi, Heidi Alander, Jonna Hietala, for the yarns featured in this issue, please see the full list below)
· instructions on how to make a cross-stitch bracelet
· a long-format story about Joji Locatelli
· an interview with Helga Isager
· a Q&A with Stephen West
· On the Origin of Wool – a visit to a local sheep farm
· A story on wool by Megan Elizabeth of Wool Days
· a travel guide to Lisbon featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
19 in stock